- Attractions in Bad Blumau
- Cycling, running and hiking
- Attractions in the region
- Sport and exercise
- Thermenland Steiermark
- Spa's in the region
- Village Bad Blumau
When the impossible becomes possible, fairy tales come to life and your zest for life is awakened, then you have arrived in Bad Blumau. From what used to be the poorest communities to a distinguished and acclaimed health resort, drawing guests and art lovers alike from all over the world. One of a kind - globally unique.
- It all began at the end of the 1970s when former Blumau was drilled for oil. At a depth of 2,843 metres they struck something, but it wasn’t the crude oil that they had hoped for. Instead, it was “just” water, at one hundred degrees Centigrade. The spring was sealed with concrete and consigned to eternal peace.
- But a few years later, spurred on by the general development of tourism, the community contacted KR Rogner to present him the data on the sealed off spring. KR Robert Rogner inspected the site and was captivated by the gentle hills of the East Styrian landscape. With the proviso that the data relating to the spring be subjected to long term testing, KR Rogner approved the development of the site for tourism.
- The Styrian government funded the re-drilling of the borehole, and long term testing confirmed the outstanding quality of the water. KR Rogner funded the drilling of two further boreholes and acquired 40 hectares of land from local farmers at consistently fair prices. A hotel village was planned on the model of the nine successful Rogner hotel villages.
- However, on 15th January 1992, KR Rogner met the artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser by chance at Schönbrunn Palace in Vienna. The combination of hundred degree water and the architecture of Friedensreich Hundertwasser – the start of a pioneering project. A vision became reality.
This square was created in honour of KR Robert Rogner and the artist Friedensreich Hundertwasser, by way of thanks from the community of Bad Blumau for their extraordinary vision.
Community Bad Blumau
Bad Blumau 65
8283 Bad Blumau
Tel.: 0043 (0) 3383 2206
E-Mail: gde (at) bad-blumau.gv. at